El Gordo de la Primitiva
Rules and Regulations
The El Gordo de la Primitiva rules are straightforward and easy to understand. Like all lottery rules, they must be abided by. It is helpful for new El Gordo de la Primitiva lottery players to look at these rules as they act as a guide on how this lottery works as well as the different aspects surrounding the El Gordo de la Primitiva.
The regulations for this lottery were established by the State Lotteries Company (SELAE) within guidelines set by the Responsible Gambling Council. All legal lottery games are governed by strict regulations to ensure that each lottery game is fair and to ensure that players know what to expect when they participate in such a lottery. The main rules for the El Gordo de la Primitiva are:
- All players must be over the age of 18 to buy tickets for the El Gordo de la Primitiva lottery.
- The minimum jackpot in the El Gordo de la Primitiva is at least €5 million. This means that it can never be any less than this.
- El Gordo de la Primitiva prizes must be claimed within a set time limit, otherwise they will expire.
- For any prize which is worth less than €600 players are required to claim the prize within 11 days, starting the day after the draw.
- Larger prizes have different claim periods, so if you are lucky enough to win the jackpot it is recommended to contact the lottery officials at your earliest convenience to claim your prize.
If you would like more information about the El Gordo de la Primitiva, please visit the information page.